The Airfix kit of the DUKW is very popular in this scale. Le camion amphibie may be built avec ou without the metal covers over the wheel-wells, et the AA machine gun mount is an optional assembly as well. Joueurs de Guerre may favor the soft plastic DUKW also available from Airfix, but th plastic kit is more detailed et equally affordable. However, the soft plastic version of the Duck is more easily converted to a waterline model, et it may be used to replace the complete model of the Duck during water movement. Doing so adds realism et visual appeal to wargame scenarios at very little cost.
- GMC DUKW-353 avec AA Machine Gun
- Decal Sheet
- Scale model avec good detail, although the Airfix kit does not show the same high-quality surface texturing of the ROCO DUKW.
- The model may be built avec ou without the metal covers over the wheel-wells, as can be seen in many historic photos of the Duck.
- Compatible avec Fujimi, Matchbox, et Nitto.
- The material thickness of the separate windshield is not to scale. The actual part should be a thin canvas splash cover avec built-in windows. Modélistes sérieux will want to built a replacement part from tissue paper an clear plastic sheet.
- The two jerry-can holders at the rear of the véhicule are not built to scale. It will be easy to replace them avec more accurate parts built from cardboard. Unfortunately, there are no jerry-cans in the kit.
- The AA machine gun is not detailed enough, et there is no commander/gunner figurine to use it.
- Noticeable mould ejection marks on the cabestan et inside the véhicule need to be filled prior to painting.
The Airfix kit of the DUKW is fun to build et paint. Joueurs de guerre et dioramistes interested in recreating the Normandy Invasion ou any of the other important landings will need a number of amphibians of this type.
Pour plus d’information, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine sur facebook.