Parachutistes Britanniques en échelle 1/72 de chez ESCI from the same sculptor who produced the superb 1/32 scale Airfix paras. Some of the figurines are identical to their Airfix comrades, others are posed differently, et some are unique to this kit. Le tireur de PIAT is a nice addition, et le para chargeant seems to be right out of an Arnhem photo. Le parachutiste avançant avec baïonnette au canon is not included in this kit, even though this is one of the best poses of the old Airfix figurine set. Perhaps the bayonet would have turned out too thin in this scale et the pose could not be included in this kit.
13 figurines en 8 poses – 24 mm correspondent à 173 cm hauteur de corps
- Officier Para avec pistolet mitrailleur Sten (1)
- Para NCO avec Sten, throwing Grenade (1)
- Para Radio Operator (1)
- Para, couché, tirant au PIAT (1)
- Para Bren Gunner (1)
- Para, debout, tirant au fusil (3)
- Para, à genoux, tirant au fusil (3)
- Para chargeant, tirant au pistolet mitrailleur Sten (2)
- Radio (1)
- Rucksack (13)
- Entrenching Tool (5)
- Socles de Figurines (12)
- Separate Weapons (10)
- Choix de sujet excellent, several of these ESCI figurines are based on the superb 1/32 scale Airfix Parachutistes Britanniques.
- The Bren gunner et NCO throwing a grenade are the same as the Airfix 1/32 scale figurines, except that they have no camouflage on their helmets. This is an unfortunate omission, the camouflaged helmets look great on the Airfix paras. The other figurines in the set seem to be from same sculptor, even if they are posed differently than their Airfix comrades.
- L’officier is sculpted in a more dynamic et less stoically britannique pose than his Airfix 1/32 scale counterpart. He also looks shorter et much stockier.
- Compatible avec Airfix, et Revell.
- The separate rifles et pistolets mitrailleur Sten are rather fragile, they need to be removed from the sprue very carefully.
- The Bren gun barrel thickens towards the muzzle, because it would otherwise turn out very thin et be liable to breakage in this small scale.
- Given a choice, joueurs de guerre et dioramistes probably would have preferred this figurine set a l’échelle 1/72 soft plastic, because polyethylene figurines are much cheaper than polystyrène kits, et they require no assembly.
These 1/72 scale ESCI parachutistes are a welcome addition to the growing range of Parachutistes Britanniques de la Seconde Guerre mondiale, et it is unfortunate that they are no longer on the market.
Pour plus d’informations, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine au Miniatures Forum.