The ESCI model of the Opel Blitz (S-Typ) 4×2 camion moyen has the dimensions of the short wheelbase camion 4×4 (A-Type). ESCI used this véhicule kit as the basis for several variants du camion moyen, including the Kfz. 305/.. avec standard house type van body, et the self-propelled 20 mm FlaK-Vierling 38 anti-aircraft gun. The basic camion cargo sprue is the same in all three kits of the Opel Blitz, et there are additional sprues avec the parts to build one of the three different versions.
- Camion Opel Blitz 3,6-36S Cargo
- Three Fuel Drums
- Decal Sheet
- Choix de sujet excellent, the Opel Blitz was the standard camion moyen de l’Armée Allemande which served in many roles before et during the war.
- Scale model avec much detail. Rivets, panel lines, radiator grille, lights, et tire treads of the Opel Blitz are nicely sculpted.
- Relatively easy to build, there are only 64 parts. The model went together very well, avec the exception of the cab assembly, which required some filling et filing.
- Fun to paint. Le camion Opel Blitz served on all fronts, throughout the war, et it can be painted in a variety de schémas de camouflage.
- A windshield cut from clear plastic can be glued into the cab front, using white glue. Windows need to be fitted before the cab is completed. On campaign, windshields were often camouflaged avec mud to minimize reflections.
- Compatible avec Hasegawa, Italeri, Revell, et CDC.
- The front axle, part No. 22, should not be glued to the chassis until the front wheels have completely set et are perfectly aligned.
- The instructions do not indicate if the rear differential, parts No. 20 et 21, should be glued to the springs avec its little pegs facing up ou down. It appears that the pegs need to face up, away from the springs.
- The instructions do not indicate exactly how there exhaust pipe, part No. 28, attaches to the engine.
- The drive shaft, part No. 14, is just long enough to connect the engine to the rear differential, but it does not plug into the engine at all. This is a very delicate connection which needs to be monitored until the glue has set completely.
- Three mould ejection marks are clearly visible on the outside of both rear tires, damaging the tire et the wheel rim. Filling et sanding may fix this problem.
- It is not immediately apparent which cab parts should be assembled first. We found it easiest to start avec the hood assembly, parts No. 17, 18, et 15, attaching the radiator grille, part No. 4, to it later. The other cab parts will then align avec the hood assembly.
- The steering wheel practically rest on the top edge of the siège de conducteur, making it impossible to fit a conducteur into the cab. We left the porte de conducteur off initially, to place the painted upper torso of un conducteur allemand into the cab later.
- Il n’y a pas de conducteur. Unless the model is used to portray a stationary véhicule, a suitable conducteur will have to be scrounged from another kit.
- The front left toolbox needs to be attached to the chassis frame, not the underside du plateau, to make room for the spare tire. The instructions do not indicate where to fit the spare tire, but the painting guide shows it on the left side of the véhicule, stowed underneath le plateau.
- The rear mudguards et tool boxes should not be attached until le plateau has been perfectly aligned on it supports.
- Part No. 38 should be glued on top of the plateau, not against the face of it, otherwise the sides do not align when they are shown in the raised position. These are not working parts, they can only be modelled in the raised ou folded down position. Joueurs de Guerre will find the raised position more useful, so that the Opel Blitz can be used as an anti-aircraft ou cargo véhicule alternatively.
- The surface of the canvas tilt is too smooth to be realistic. Experienced modélistes will want to cover the entire part avec tissue paper which provides more texture. The short stubs attached to the tilt do not hold it in place securely, if the tilt is meant to be removable. We added plastic card ou sprue stubs in the corners of the tilt to fix this problem.
- Véhicule width indicators are shown on the box cover, but they are not included in the kit. These tiny parts may be made from pianowire ou paint brush bristles, avec a small bead of white glue on top. Width indicators were attached to the side of the front fender, ou in the center of the front fender later in the war.
- Rear mirrors are not included, they need to be scratchbuild from pianowire avec a small disc of sprue attached.
Joueurs de Guerre et collectionistes need many Opel Blitz camions moyens to motorize their infanterie, tow canons antichar, et keep the army supplied au course de la campagne. The ESCI Opel Blitz will serve well in either of these roles.
Pour plus d’informations, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine au Miniatures Forum.