This model of the FlaK-Vierling 38 has been upgraded, using 1/72 scale turned brass barrels available from Micro RealistiXX. Brass barrels are much thinner than the plastic barrels provided in the ESCI kit, et the muzzles are drilled open already. The model has been painted 7021 Schwarzgrau avec 30% white added for scale effect. Les figurines d’équipage are wearing le casque d’acier et uniforme bleu de la Luftwaffe allemande. The FlaK position is part of the Atlantic Wall gun emplacement produced by Airfix. The model has been painted medium grey, et it was washed avec diluted black paint to create the impression of weathered concrete.
- 20 mm L.112.5 FlaK-Vierling 38
- Sonderanhänger 52
- Officier, Gunner, Rangetaker
- Choix de sujet excellent, the 20 mm FlaK-Vierling 38 was an important anti-aircraft weapon used to defend military installations et troops concentrations against ground-attack aircraft.
- Easy to assemble, only 21 parts for the gun, et 8 parts for the crew figurines.
- The ESCI FlaK model may be modelled on the Sd.Ah. 52 trailer, ou deployed for action.
- Compatible avec Hasegawa, Italeri, Revell, et CDC.
- The barrels of the FlaK 38 model are not designed to be elevated, they are to be glued into a chosen position. This may work for dioramistes, but joueurs de guerre may want to add pivots et show the FlaK firing at air ou ground targets.
- The original FlaK barrels are not to scale, they are much too thick. It is well worth the additional expense to replace the plastic barrels avec turned brass barrels available from Micro RealistiXX. Cut the plastic barrels off at the housing, drill holes into the housing et glue the brass barrels into position, making sure that they are properly aligned.
- The gunner’s seat is actually part No. 47, not No. 49.
- The gunner does not reach for the gun controls. His arms will have to be adjusted, et the shoulders reconstructed avec putty ou modelling wax.
- There are no elevating screws at the ends of the Y-shaped gun platform. Drill holes for the elevating screws as indicated in the instructions, et insert a length of wire ou sprue. The discs underneath the elevating screw should be approximately 3 mm in diameter, et they may be cut from thin plastic card.
- There are no lens housings on the ends of the rangefinder. Modélistes sérieux may want to add short sections of sprue to recreate the lenses.
- There are no loaders provided in the kit. The FlaK 38 would be served by two loaders, one seated on each side of weapon. The seats are in place, et suitable figurines may be scrounged from other model kits.
The ESCI model of the 20 mm FlaK 38 is a welcome addition to any collection d’artillerie allemande. Joueurs de guerre may want to keep the FlaK attached to the Sd.Ah. 52 trailer to be able to move the gun around on the miniature battlefield.
Exemplair par ESCI/ERTL
Brass barrels from Micro RealistiXX
Pour plus d’information, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine sur facebook.