La maquette de Hasegawa représente une conversion du camion GMC CCKW-353 cargo en camion citerne, fitted avec two 375 gallon fuel tanks. Separate tanks allowed the véhicule to carry gasoline et diesel, ou gasoline of different octane. Sur le théâtre militaire européen, fuel tankers were often camouflaged as regular camions cargo by placing canvas covers over the cargo body. The véhicule may be modified by cutting the cabestan off, et mounting the front bumper closer to the radiator grille.
- Camion GMC CCKW-353 Citerne, 2,5 t, 6x6, avec Cabestan
- Armée US Decal Sheet
- Two Ground Crew
- Scale model avec good detail. Véhicule length et wheelbase are scaled correctly, but the cargo body is 1 mm wider than it should be.
- Easy to assemble, only 59 parts. Le camion cargo can be put together in approximately 30 minutes, especially if several véhicules are built in assembly line fashion.
- The canvas cab cover is realistically textured et creased.
- The assembly instructions are clearly illustrated, et easy to follow.
- The chassis is slightly warped, giving the véhicule a noticeable hump behind the cab. The damage may be corrected by heating the chassis carefully with a blow-dryer, et bending it into the correct shape.
- The metal axles are too long, they need to be cut back slightly to ensure proper wheel alignment.
- Rivet heads on the body are larger than scale.
- The tow hooks on the front bumper are slightly oversized.
- The rear mud flaps have been omitted. It is unlikely that the véhicule operated without them, especially if it was used in the field.
- The assembly instructions mention that canvas covers were often used to disquise the valuable fuel tankers, but none is included in the kit.
- Flash inside the door cut-outs needs to be removed prior to painting.
- The painting instructions are correct for an army fuel tanker, but proper airfield véhicules would be painted yellow.
- Fuel tankers normally carry hazard warning labels, but none are included in the kit.
The Hasegawa model is a good choice for joueurs de guerre who need easy to assemble et robust fuel tankers for their army. Aircraft modélistes will find the tanker very useful for a diorama. The véhicule could do avec a little additional detailing work, adding rearview mirrors, windshield wipers, hoses, nozzles, et other small parts which are not included in the kit.
Pour plus d’informations, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine au Miniatures Forum.