VOID is a fast paced science fiction jeu d’escarmouche, using 28mm metal figurines pour représenter futuristic armies, which players use to fight battles on a tabletop. The VOID rulebook contains all the rules of play, an armoury section et army lists for the four human armies: Viridians, Junkers, Syntha et VASA, as well as the mysterious alien race, the Koralon. A miniature line covering all five armies supports VOID. The models are manufactured in lead-free white metal et polyester resin. The range includes basic troops for the armies, support figurines et characters, et larger kits such as the véhicule de transport de troupes Tiger, a huge four-legged walking véhicule. The mounted legionnaires shown here are armed avec armour-piercing thermite lances.
The game uses a unit-by-unit activation system that encourages the use of supporting troops, et prevents the battle from becoming mired in hour-long turns. The game mechanics are clear et concise, allowing the players to fight games ranging from very small escarmouches avec only a few troops, to massive battles using hundreds of miniatures. Simple enough for beginners, the game system also has subtle depths that will provide a satisfying challenge for the experienced player.
Buy the book ou download the rules for free
64 Pages by John Robertson, John Grant & Ricardo Pinto; published by i-KORE Limited
- 8 Colour Illustrations
- 14 Black/White Illustrations
- 62 Colour et 2 B/W Photos
- 14 Pages of Background Information
- 15 Pages of Rules, incl. 7 Tables
- 4 Gunnery et Ordonance Templates
- 23 Pages of Army Lists
- 2 Pages of Unit Rosters
- The game is available as a book priced only USD 9.95, et as a free download from the internet. Update: I-KORE Ltd. has since been bought by Urban Mammoth who continue to offer the free download of VOID 1.1.
- VOID uses an alternate unit activation system, which makes the action fast et deadly.
- The activation system makes it possible to easily fight battles between three ou more player at once.
- VOID uses a flexible battle system which allows escarmouches avec as few as 10 ou 15 models per side, as well as larger games avec vast armies.
- The squad based game system keeps the action flowing quickly et smoothly, et encourages the use of supporting troops.
- New rules et troop types are published in the bi-monthly publication Battles avec Miniatures, which is also available to buy ou free online at www.i-kore.com.
- The VOID miniatures range may be nicely compatible avec existing 28 mm science fiction figurines from other manufacturers. Some troop types look like they differ only in the cut of their uniforms.
- Fantasy et science fiction game systems tend to be more difficult to learn et master, because players are unable to evaluate the game action against historic events they have read about ou seen in a movie. There is no way to verify the actual capabilities of thermite lances, bolters et other sci-fi weapons typically used in such games. If the game designer fails to balance the weapons et troop types properly, the game will not play very well. In such an event, historic gamers would simply switch the rules ou establish their own house rules to fix the bug.
- The proprietary troop types et trademarked designations used in many fantasy et science fiction game systems are specifically designed to prevent compatibility among competing miniatures ranges. Accordingly, VOID does not include any rules which would readily allow a player to incorporate existing figurines et véhicules from other game systems into the VOID world. Historic simulation gamers are more fortunate in that the troop type designations they encounter are used consistently in the industry, et models are priced competitively.
Rejoignez s’il vous plaît notre Miniatures Forum pour trouver joueurs de guerre du même avis dans votre région qui partagent votre intérêt pour la guerre de science-fiction. Le Miniatures Forum est un portail de réseau social pour modélistes, joueurs de guerre, et collectionistes de figurines.
When Worlds collide
The VOID game system can be made compatible avec figurines, weapon systems et véhicules available from other manufacturers. One interesting scenario would be to pit an invading VOID army against 40K defenders. Pick the game system you prefer, et classify the alien troop types accordingly.
Review copy from i-KORE Ltd.
Pour plus d’informations, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine au Miniatures Forum.