The model shown here has been built straight from the box, et it could use a little additional detailing. Headlight protectors, search light, antennas, turret lifting hooks, spare track links, items of personal equipment, et other small parts may be scratchbuilt to add visual appeal to the model. A suitable tank commander may be taken from the Matchbox kit d'automitrailleuse Humber Mk.II. The model was sprayed in NATO olive, mixed avec 30% white to take the scale effect into account. Raised detail was then shaded et drybrushed using Jim Gordon's weathering technique.
- A.34 Comet I
- 2nd Fife et Forfar Yeomanry, A Squadron
- 1st Royal Tank Regiment, Regimental HQ Tank
- Diorama Battle Display: Shell Crater
- Scale model avec good detail. The Comet looks rather clean if built straight from the box, it can use some additional detailing et external stowage.
- Easy to assemble, only 71 parts. Tow hooks et mitrailleuses are the only small parts in the kit, the rest is easy to handle.
- Minimal flash, et only minor mould lines on the hard plastic parts, but the rubber tracks need to be cleaned carefully.
- Compatible avec Airfix, Fujimi, Nitto, Trux, Crusader Models, Milicast et Cromwell Models.
- Unlike other Matchbox kits, the Comet is sold without a crew figurine. Soldats d'équipage de char britanniques portaient le béret noir ou le casque parachutiste, et a suitable plastic figurine peut être convertie en chef de char. Unfortunately, only la coupole du chef de char has a separate hatch, the other hatches are modelled in place.
- The turret roof surface was marred by unusual plastic inclusions. This fault may be disguised by placing camouflage netting on the turret.
- Part No. 29 (tow hook) is not clearly shown in the instructions, it belongs in the rear center section of part No. 4.
- The painting guide on the side of the box shows a search light, turret lifting hooks, et other small parts which are not included in the kit. These parts might be scratchbuilt to add realism to the model.
- Headlight protectors are shown on the box art, but are not included in the kit. These parts add a lot of visual appeal to the model; they may be scratchbuilt from brass wire.
- The drawing of the finished model on the back of the box has spare track links attached to the turret side, but these are not included in the kit.
The Matchbox model of the Comet tank is easy to built, et it may be detailed further to add realism. For an interesting change of pace, joueurs de guerre may want to deploy a platoon of these heavy cruisers against whatever medium ou heavy armour the enemy player may still have available in a 1945 scenario.
Pour plus d'informations, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine au Miniatures Forum.