The picture shows the light prime mover in a 1943 camouflage de trois couleurs used in the European theatres of operation. The tactical sign on the front fender is that of a Panzerjäger tank hunter unit. Panzerjäger were equipped avec the more powerful canons antichar de 50 mm PaK 38 ou de 75 mm PaK 40, they were an important element du plan de tir antichar de l'infanterie. In attack et defense, Panzerjäger sections would cover the most likely approaches of enemy armoured véhicules, particularly against the flank of their parent formation. Their task was important, because attached Panzer units might not be immediately available when first contact avec enemy armour was made.Contenu
- Infanterie Afrikakorps
- BMW R75 Moto Side-Car
- Canon Anti-Char 75 mm L.46 PaK 40
- Semi-chenillé Sd.Kfz. 11 avec Équipage
- Bon choix de sujet, the Sd.Kfz. 11 is a dedicated prime mover used par unités d'artillerie légère et chasseurs de chars allemands.
- Scale model avec excellent detail.
- Intermediate level of difficulty: 75 parts.
- The kit includes decals of the 15. et 21. Panzerdivision in North Africa, mais les figurines d'équipage de véhicule are actually more suitable pour le théâtre militaire européen. Panzerjäger tactical signs et plaques d'immatriculation are generic, they may be used in any theatre of war.
- Le conducteur et six passengers add a lot of interest to the véhicule. The Sd.Kfz. 11 may be modelled avec the top down to show its detailed interior. The crew figurines are equally suitable as motorized infantry, they would look very good dans le camion léger Sd.Kfz. 69 available from Matchbox.
- Compatible avec Airfix, Fujimi, Nitto, et VAC-U-CAST.
- Modélistes should not be mislead about the fact that the véhicules in this boxed set are actually 1/76 scale Matchbox re-releases.
- Parts are not numbered consecutively on the sprues, requiring constant checking of all three sprues to locate a certain part. Even within a sprue, there is no consistent numbering system, Part No. 6 is next to 29, 48 et 72. Parts will have to be found by locating the proper shape first, only then can the number be cross-checked to confirm that it is the correct part. A needlessly time-consuming process.
- The assembly instruction for the rear compartment wall (Part No. 44) may be incorrect, they show the wall section mounted avec the detailed side facing into the ammunition compartment. Most likely, the raised panel of the compartment wall should face into the crew compartment where it will be visible. Another inconsistancy avec this part is that the railing is filled in, whereas the other three railings are modelled correctly.
- The front axle (Part No. 8) was bent backwards, it required straightening to align the wheels correctly. Noticeable seems between the wheel hubs et the tires needed to be filled prior to painting.
- There is too much tension on the tracks, pulling them apart at the seems. We tried to superglue the tracks down on the road wheels, pushing them together while the glue dried. Unfortunately, the superglue dissolved the soft rubber enough to break the tracks. A second attempt to glue the track on in separate sections was more successful. Hard plastic track sections like those used in the more recent ESCI kits would be better.
- The crew figurines are dressed in the early war temperate uniform instead of the tropical uniform worn by the Afrikakorps. The difference is hardly noticeable if the véhicule is modelled avec the canvas roof in place.
The Sd.Kfz. 11 is a great model, relatively easy to build et fun to paint. Véhicules semi-chenillés played an important role comme tracteur d'artilleries, they had excellent traction across difficult ground, et they provided enough space for gun crews et ready ammuntion. The Revell re-release of the popular Matchbox kit is unique in this scale, it will be popular with simulation gamers et dioramistes.
Pour plus d'informations, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine au Miniatures Forum.