Bundeswehr Panzer, Panzergrenadier et Panzerjäger companies had one Lkw 1,5 t in the maintenance platoon. Motorized Panzergrenadier units, later designated Jäger (light infantry), had infantry companies mounted entirely on camions Unimog 1,5 t. These véhicules were equipped avec machine gun ring mounts above the cab, et a double-sided bench on the flat bed. The shelf immediately behind the cab holds the camouflage net in place, ready to be pulled over the cab when the véhicule is parked. The model was sprayed in Bundeswehr Gelboliv (RAL 6014), mixed avec 30% white to take the scale effect into account. Raised detail was then shaded et drybrushed using Jim Gordon’s weathering technique.
- Unimog S 404 B avec flat bed et canvas tilt
- The model has only 17 parts et it is sold fully assembled, ready to play. Modélistes sérieux will take the Unimog apart, remove flash et glue the parts together permanently.
- The cab et body are nicely detailed et will be fun to paint.
- Compatible avec HO scale model railroad equipment et figurines by Märklin, ROCO, Faller, Pola, Preiser, et Noch.
- Some flash around stowage boxes, front bumper et mud guards.
- There is no holder de la plaque d’immatriculation d’arrière in the kit.
- Cab doors do not open.
- The canvas cab cover may be removed, but there is no kit part représentant the folded cover. This part may be scratchbuilt.
- The windshield foldes down, but the hinge parts are a little out of scale.
- Windshield wipers et rearview mirrors are not included in the kit. ROCO offers several véhicule upgrade kits which include such small parts.
- Decals are not included, they need to be purchased separately.
Possibilités de Conversions
- Unimog avec folded cab cover
- Panzergrenadier (mot.) et Jäger Gruppenfahrzeug (squad carrier) avec machine gun ring mount above cab
The Unimog 1,5 t 4×4 is an excellent troop et cargo carrier which may be used as a squad véhicule for Bundeswehr PzGren (mot.) et Jäger light infantry units. The véhicule will have to be converted to fit this role, but the work is well worth the trouble.
Pour plus d’informations, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine au Miniatures Forum.