Chars et infanterie soviétique defending l'usine métallurgique Octobre Rouge à Stalingrad. The building offers numerous firing positions et hiding places among the rubble et the destroyed machinery. An underground tunnel system can be used to move from one area to another.
Tuesday Night at the Steel Works
The re-released Scenic Effects' model portrays a steel works building which has sustained heavy damage from shelling et bombardment. The roof of the building has caved in, burying the machinery underneath it et covering much of the 23" × 16" floorspace of the building avec heavy rubble. Pedestrian tunnels leading into the building still provide access to raised platforms which overlook the heavy machinery on the ground floor. The largest of the platforms has been turned into a defensive position. Trenches avec duckboard floors connect the gutted shell of a former office space avec some rifle pits et tunnel entrances. Shell holes in this area provide additional cover. A destroyed office on the ground floor can be turned into en position de tir d'un canon antichar which will dominate the street outside.
The reviewer had the opportunity to attack et defend the steel works building au course d'un jeu d'escarmouche. Limited visibility inside the factory, the numerous defensive positions provided by the heavy rubble et number of possible attack routes made the game very interesting et challenging for attackers et defenders alike. As a dedicated game environment, the factory has excellent replay value.
- Five Wall Sections
- 23" Length equals 42 m
- 16" Width equal 29 m
- Scale model avec much detail. Battle damage, rubble et fortifications look very convincing.
- Excellent playability. The building was specifically designed for simulation games et it provides a ready-made defensive position which may be fought over in a variety of scenarios. Defense et attack of the factory will be challenging to players. Sandbagged positions et other small terrain pieces may be added to change the layout of the defensive perimeter inside.
- Easy to assemble, only five wall sections et a base.
- Polyurethane resin can be carved, drilled et sanded very easily.
- Choix de sujet excellent. The usine métallurgique can be used as an instant terrain piece pour jeux d'escarmouche et grandes batailles, requiring very little set-up time. The building is generic enough that it can be used on other fronts.
- Trenches are wide enough to accomodate 20-25 mm figurines.
- Without the use of a small periscope it will be very difficult to judge line of sight inside the building correctly, particularly when the factory is part of a larger wargame set-up.
- Stalingrad 1943
- Front de l'Est 1941-1945
- Europe centrale 1900-1960
Possibilités de Conversions
- Undamaged sections of overhead walkways may be added at either end of the building.
- Remaining sections of the roof may be added to further detail the model and provide firing positions for snipers.
- Sandbagged positions, additional shell craters et rubble may be used to alter the interior landscape et create new challenges for the players.
- A destroyed rail car may be placed on the tracks inside the factory.
Scenic Effects' Red Octobre Factory is an excellent center-piece for company and bataillon level streetfighting scenarios. Because of its size, the model practically qualifies as a terrain tile, allowing instant set-up for a fast game.
Pour plus d'informations, veuillez contacter les éditeurs de la revue Military Miniatures Magazine au Miniatures Forum.